Current Watches and Warnings
Coastal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement
Statement as of 4:49 AM CDT on May 03, 2016
Expires 5:00 PM EDT on May 03, 2016
... Coastal Flood Advisory remains in effect until 4 PM CDT this
... High rip current risk remains in effect until 4 PM CDT this
* coastal flooding... water levels around 2 feet above mean sea
level at times of high tide today.
* Timing... high tide occurs between 10 am and 2 PM on the Gulf
Coast and a few hours later on the back bays.
* Impacts... include but are not limited to... when water levels
reach 1 and 3/4 feet above mean sea level... two thirds of the
beach are under water. At 2 feet above mean sea level... several
beach access roads become flooded. Minor flooding along area
beaches may occur. Steady periods of water at the dunes may
occur. Water may flood portions of Laguna shores drive in Flour
Bluff. North Beach may experience minor flooding. Rip currents
will lead to dangerous conditions for even experienced swimmers.
A coastal Flood Advisory indicates that onshore winds and tides
will combine to generate flooding of low areas along the shore.
There is a high risk of rip currents.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in The
Sandbar and in the vicinity of structures such as groins...
jetties and piers. Heed the advice of lifeguards and the beach
patrol. Pay attention to flags and posted signs.
If you become caught in a rip current... do not panic. Remain calm
and begin to swim parallel to shore. Once you are away from the
force of the rip current... begin to swim back to the beach. Do
not attempt to swim directly against a rip current. Even a strong
swimmer can become exhausted quickly.
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Fire Weather Watch , Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Record Report
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Flood Warning
- Kentucky - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Flood Advisory
- Minnesota - Fire Weather Watch , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory
- Montana - Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Nevada - Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- North Dakota - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Ohio - Flood Warning
- Oklahoma - Flood Warning
- Oregon - Record Report
- South Carolina - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- South Dakota - Flood Warning
- Texas - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement