Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:35 PM CDT on September 18, 2014
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on September 19, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch in effect through Friday morning...
The National Weather Service in Austin/San Antonio has expanded
* Flash Flood Watch to include the following counties in south
central Texas... Bandera... Bexar... blanco... Caldwell... Comal...
Edwards... Gillespie... Gonzales... Guadalupe... Hays... Kendall...
Kerr... Lavaca... Medina... real and Uvalde.
* Through Friday morning
* average rainfall amounts of 1 to 3 inches... with isolated
amounts of 3 to 5 inches possible across the watch area.
* Flash flooding of low water crossings and other low lying and
normally flood prone areas is likely due to heavy rains.
Normally dry creeks and area streams may also see rapid rises.
A Flash Flood Watch means flash flooding is possible in or near
the watch area. If you are in the watch area... plan now for what
you will do if flash flooding develops. Stay informed and be
ready to act if you see flooding or if a Flash Flood Warning is
- Arizona - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Areal Flood Advisory
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Record Report
- Maine - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Maryland - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory
- Nebraska - Record Report
- New Hampshire - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- New York - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Puerto Rico - Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement , Hydrologic Statement
- Utah - Record Report
- Vermont - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Washington - Record Report
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report